Is Being A Mum Worthwhile
When you are a mum you sometimes think to yourself, is being a mum really worthwhile. Well I don’t really need to think of my answer as it is YES, MOST DEFINITELY!. Being a Mum definitely has its ups and downs but it is absolutely worth all the downs when you get all the ups.
Here are a few things that I can think of, that make being a Mum worthwhile, there are of course many many more.
- When just out of the blue, your little one gives you a hug and says “I Love you the best mummy”.
- When you get kisses, yes the big open mouth ones, from your 12 month old.
- Hearing the pitter patter of footprints down the hall at 6.30 in the morning, followed by a “Good Morning Mummy!” and a big smile when you finally open your eyes. Then followed closely by them jumping over you to get to the middle of the bed.
- When little miss puts the little mans underpants on her head, and crawls around with big smiles, that made us all have a laugh.
- They make you laugh by some of the things that they say and do.
- Just watching them play and interact with family and friends.
- Cuddles, Cuddles and more Cuddles.
- You have your legs crossed and all of a sudden your little one sits on your foot, and makes the sound of a horse. Just like she was riding a horse. So cute.
- The excitement that they get from just a card board box, that you have made look like a car and a boat (do you like my trailer I made for the boat?).
It is the simple things in life that are often the best. Children like simple things and can get such enjoyment from it, it is fantastic. Just put yourself there as well, you will have just as much fun. Just enjoy being with your children. They will love you for it.
Tell us, what do you think makes being a Mum worthwhile?
Happy 2nd Blogoversary to Kristen at We are THAT Family!